About Me

Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Tuesday 13 December 2011

Dhvaadhasha jyoathirli0gaani

 There are twelve Jyotirlingas in India and they are spread all over India. Somnath in GujaratMallikarjuna at Srisailam in Andra PradeshMahakaleswar at Ujjain in Madhya PradeshOmkareshwar in Madhya PradeshKedarnath in Himalayas,Bhimashankara  in MaharastraViswanath at Varanasi in Uttar PradeshTriambakeshwar in Maharastra, Vaidyanath at Deoghar in JharkhandNageswar at Dwarka in GujaratRameshwar at Rameswaram in Tamil Nadu andGrishneshwar at Aurangabad in Maharastra.
The following sanskrit sloka describes about the 12 Jyotirlingas -

Dhvaadhasha jyoathirli0gaani 

Sanskrit Sloka


sauraaShtrae soamanaaDha0 cha, shree shailae mallikaarjunam,
ujjayinyaa0 mahaakaaLam, oa0kaara mamalaeshvaram.

paralyaa0 vaidhyanaaDha0 cha, daakinyaa0 Bheemasha0karam,
saethuba0Dhae thu raamaesha0, naagaesha0 dhaarukaavanae.

vaaraaNasyaa0 thu vishvaesha0, thrya0baka0 gauthameethatae,
himaalayae thu kaedhaara0, ghtRShNaesha0 cha shivaalayae.

aethaani jyoathirli0gaani saaya0 praatha: paTaennara:
sapthajanmaktRtha0 paapa0 smaraNaena vinashyathi.

No comments:

Post a Comment